"It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime."
This week's destination: Hartford and Storrs, Connecticut
Airport Code: BDLConnecting City or Cities: Atlanta (ATL)
As a native Texan and Oklahoma citizen, you'd probably assume I have little to say about Connecticut. Not altogether true. This is my first actual visit there (not counting the time I once got SO lost after arriving in New York that I accidentally ended up in Connecticut), but here's what comes to mind when I think of the Constitution State:
1. The quote from the photo caption above. If you can name that movie, I love you more than I love others.
2. The word "Connecticut" is very clearly cheating at Scrabble.
3. Rebecca Lobo was a hot in her day.
4. I feel like if I don't see something historical/colonial, I'm a patriotic failure or somesuch.
5. After seeing that photo, I realize I'm overdue for a boat ride.
6. I know it's June, but I still feel a little uneasy about not bringing a jacket with me.
7. I think I'd feel like a big man if I publicly ridiculed whatever they think passes for "Mexican" food while I'm there.
8. Thinking of peppering strangers with Good Will Hunting references in my best "Southie" accent in a manner which makes people think that I think that this is a brand new movie and/or I have somehow mistaken Hartford for Boston.
9. I don't have a ninth reason--this sentence is just filler. But let's be honest (Lesbihonest), is Hartford really worthy of more than 8 reasons?
Music I will be listening to as I fly above your heads and sprint through America's airports that you should also consider filling your headspace with:
Everyone else, press the play button in the box below the track listing.