Sometimes, it seems alien to you--even when you know it isn't.
A dozen songs for your Friday, your weekend, your heart, your brain, your distraction, your pain, your joy, your travel. I'm done traveling for a few days. You'll never guess where I've been.
A dozen sentences on the playlist you're about to indulge in for the dozen or so of you who may read this. Track by track. Oh yeah, go ahead and scroll down to the bottom of the post and press the play button to maximize your enjoyment quotient:
1. Every time I hear this song, I think of this scene from Superbad that never fails to put a big, dumb smile on my big, dumb face.
2. I may or may not be practicing my super sweet dance moves to this song.
3. I may have said this before, but I think Blind Pilot sounds like what people wish Death Cab for Cutie actually sounded like.
4. Based on a conversation I had earlier this week, I do indeed think that it's great when English bands actually sound English.
5. I'm late to the party, but there still appears to be plenty left for me to drink.
6. As a man of faith, I'm naturally inclined to enjoy examples of resurrection (and may oddly explain why I love zombie movies so much)--which in music may just be a glorious return from mediocrity.
7. Jake, there's nothing wrong with enjoying some occasional strong chick-folk and recommending it to your friends--no matter what they say.
8. Her real name is Annie Clark and she's far too hot to have such a confusing stage name.
9. This song comes from an album called Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By and so this song must be actually promoting healthy, marital love, right?
10. The title of this song prompted a Wikipedia search and now I've got one more weapon in my future Jeopardy! arsenal.
11. Fifty-five seconds in is for my girl.
12. Amen and amen.